Monday, October 21, 2013

Week 1!

Hello Everyone!

The MTC has been so amazing!!! I feel like I have grown so much and have learned so much and have really gained a greater love for people in general and for the gospel!
First day I came in I met my companion, Sister McKenzie Dearing, and started right off! after that, we stayed up way too late unpacking and everything and I have really wished I had brought my warm coat and my gloves and such because the weather has been soooo awful here! today has really been like the only day with nice weather. It has been icy and snowed one day and rained a few days with really really cold winds all week up until today.
I have really liked all of the classes and loved being a part of the work. We got to meet as a group with a few investigators to practice and then Friday and today we meet (met) with investigators just as a companionship. The first lesson went really well and I feel like we made progress with him (ps- they aren't real investigators, the one we see as a companionship is our classroom teacher) I really miss everyone and I was so happy to get a package from The Chocolate from my Mom Friday!!!
General Conference is so amaizing in the MTC and I keep seeing people that I know here! I really is amazing!! we also got to see Vocal point come and perfor, tell stories and share testimony at our Sunday Devotional, which was on Mian Campus. I am on west Campus which is on 2nd East in Provo and we walked to the main campus Saturday and Sunday Morning and back in the evening for conference this weekend which was nice to get out of a chair and get moving. Exercise time is so fu too! We all usually play games with Basketball and run around!
I guess the Only Negative stuff is that today (Monday) is my P-Day and my companion has been feeling like she wants to go home since friday... I really feel sorry for her but I guess its good practice for me to "comfort those who stand in need of comfort" and "mourn with those who mourn".. If she goes home I will have to become a 3-some companionship with 2 other sisters. Also, She and I were given the assignment of being Sister Training Leaders, Which is like a female Zone Leaders here in the MTC (I;m not sure if they have that assignment in the field). But, if my companion leaves, I'm not sure if they will give the assignment to someone else :S.
Today was great though, we all got the opportunity to go to the temple and do an endowment session at the provo temple. It was so amazing and I think I felt the spirit stronger than I ever have in my life!
It has been so wonderful to be here! I know it is where I am supposed to be. The spirit is so strong here and everyone is so kind. there is love everywhere, even though I do miss home a lot.
I love you all and I hope you all are doing well!!! Thank you for your prayers and support

- Sister Montoya

No comments:

Post a Comment